Some of the steps we are taking to protect your children and families include the follow:
- Enhanced hand washing in accordance with AHS Health and Safety Child Care Guidelines;
- Enhanced sanitizing of all toys and high touch surfaces in accordance with a plan developed in conjunction with our Public Health Inspector;
- Limited room capacities and mixing of groups in accordance with current AHS Health and Safety Child Care guidance.
- Parents must check each of their children’s temperatures daily before coming to the program.
- Any child, staff or parent must not enter the child care space if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble only a mild cold. Symptoms to look for include but are not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, and a general feeling of being unwell. If a child becomes sick during the course of the day, parents must immediately take the child home.
- Children are not to bring any play things or personal items from home. This includes any stuffed animals, blankets, toys etc. We have reorganised our rooms to ensure that everything available to the children is easy to disinfect.
(current as of May 15, 2020)
The information available to us seems to change daily; please check back for updates or feel free to call us if you have any questions. For more information on child care during COVID-19, please visit the Government of Alberta’s resource page.